Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Going Home and Tea Time Treat!

I love going home - hanging out with my family and generally relaxing (and being spoilt by my mum of course!) And, I think they like it when I come back and cook for them all as well!

I have been very inspired by the last of the stone fruit that is slowly getting harder and harder to find. I adore peaches and wanted to try something a little different. I have been reading these
two blogs obsessively and both often feature fruit mouses in their summer recipes.

Then, whilst shopping for baking supplies - my
sister and I were having our first try at baking macaroons - I found the most gorgeous mini tartelette cases that I just had to buy. So requirement number to go with the fruit based mousse - some sort of pastry base in my new cases.

The final component... blueberries. I love Nigella Lawson and - like me - she thinks that peaches and blueberries are a match made in heaven! So I garnished these tartlettes with blueberries.


I left the tartelettes in the fridge until the light was right for photographing them... And then I came back to get them ready. A few were missing... apparantly my mum couldn't wait for afternoon tea!

These two are the other reason I like to come back as well... My wonderful dogs have the most beautiful personalities (and they love food too!)

Peach and Blueberry Tartelettes

½ quantity pâte sucrée (use this recipe, replacing the cocoa with plain flour)
2.5T water
¼ cup sugar
3 egg yolks
2 gelatine leaves, soaked in cold water
250mL thickened cream
2 peaches, pureed
Blueberries, to decorate
Blind bake pastry in oven (180 degrees) for 10 mins or until golden brown. Leave to cool
Dissolve sugar in water, bring to boil (taking care not to stir the syrup) until syrup reaches soft ball stage.
Lightly whisk egg yolks, add sugar syrup and gelatine leaves and whisk quickly (so egg yolk doesn't cook from the heat of the syrup) until thicknened
Whisk thickened cream until soft peaks form. Stir a quarter of the whipped cream into the egg yolk mixture, and fold mixture back into remaining whipped cream. Stir peach puree into cream and egg mixture until well combined.
Spoon or pipe peach mousse into cool pastry cases. Leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours. Top with blueberries.
Makes approximately 20 tartelettes or 4 individual tarts

No comments:

Post a Comment